Qorvo’s ACT41000 is a programmable output, low noise, RFPoL (Radio Frequency Point of Load) step down Regulator with auxiliary bias supply regulators. This synchronous step-down voltage regulator supports a wide input voltage from 4.5 to 40 V and integrates both the high side and low side MOSFETS. These 50 mΩ RDSON transistors, driven by the optimized 5V self-biasing, enable high efficiency to reduce power losses.
- 4.5 to 40 V operational input voltage
- Programmable output voltage by I2C from 3 to 24 V in 12.5 mV steps
- Programmable output current limit from 0 to 4 A in 256 steps
- Integrated current DAC for bias detection and automatic system level bias threshold trigger
- Fixed-frequency current mode control from 450 kHz – 2.25 MHz with external clock sync and 100% duty operation
- 5 V bias, 350 mA buck converter
- 20 mA AUX LDO programmable output 0.9 to 4.0 V
The product’s main buck converter can be dynamically programed to an output voltage between 3 and 24 V in 12.5 mV steps via the I2C interface or analog feedback. It also can dynamically program output current between 0 and 4 A in 256 steps via the I2C interface in a constant-current (CC) operation mode. The main buck operates in a proprietary current mode control that supports external clock syncing for switching frequencies between 450 kHz and 2.25 MHz and spread-spectrum. ACT41000 has built-in iDAC for Bias Detection and automatic system level bias threshold trigger for PA Vdrain bias applications. The product also integrates a 5 V / 350 mA mini-buck converter and a 20 mA AUX LDO.
ACT41000 RFPoL is available in a 32-pin 5 mm x 5 mm QFN package with a power-optimized footprint and exposed pad for improved thermal performance.